Lucas, LatishaLatisha M. Lucas age 36 of Lincoln, passed away May 8, 2016.  She was born May 7, 1980 in Lincoln to Jerome Robinson and Tracey Minchow.  Latisha worked for Lincoln Public Schools.  She was a Special Olympics athlete and at the time of her death was an organ donor which helped more than one person with the gift of life.

Survivors include her husband, Christopher Lucas and daughter, Olivia of Lincoln.  Mother and step father, Tracey Minchow and Larry Sypho of Lincoln.  Father Jerome Robinson of Lincoln.  Grandfathers, Darrell Minchow and Al Dunekacke both of Lincoln.  Grandmother, Dorothy Robinson of Omaha.  Six brothers, two sisters.  One step-sister and one step-brother.

Services will be at 10:00 A.M. on Friday, May 20, 2016 at the Southview Baptist Church, 3434 S. 13th St. Lincoln.

Private family interment.

Memorials may be left for the family.

29 Responses to Latisha M. Lucas

1. Vonnie Ring says:

My heart and soul go out to the entire family I pray that the Lord watches over them in their time of need and always sending lots of caring hugs and prayers their way <3

2. Dawn Grisso (Coffey) says:

My thoughts and prayers are with your family and friends. She was a great friend.

3. Vicki McElroy says:

I’m so sorry this had to happen to such a beautiful person. I’m going to miss talking to Tisha at church and seeing her smile. But I know she is in a better place now and I know I will see her again. May Tisha rest in peace in the arms of Jesus. Our thoughts and prayers are with Chris, Olivia, Tracey, Larry, and the rest of Tisha’s family. We love you Tisha!!

4. The Duncan Family says:

Our thoughts & Prayers are with your family at this sad time. Latisha will be missed by all of us.

5. Sunny Shotsman says:

I am so sorry for your loss. Tisha will definitely be missed by all. My condolences go out to her family.

6. Debbie Steel says:

I didn’t know her that well, but she was a very sweet young woman.Sorry for your loss.

7. Erika smith says:

I’m so sorry for your loss! May God be by your side and help you through the hard times to come.

8. Alma Ryan says:

I don’t know what to say other than Tisha changed our lives in such a blessed way. We are better people because of her sharing her life with us. Chris, always remember that Olivia will always have her Auntie Sara and me! Time will not change that! Tracey, thank you for sharing your daughter with us all these years. What a priceless you have given to Sara and I. The sister Sara never had and “My daughter from another mother” you so graciously blessed me with. Always remember I share my daughter with you! SHE IS “Your daughter from another mother.” Sara and I miss Tisha so very much. There is not and never will be a day that will go by that she is not in our hearts, our minds, and our prayers. I know she is with us always. To you, Chris, little Olivia, Tracey, Larry and families…thank you for sharing Tisha with us. We love you all….Tisha, my daughter from another mother, I thank you for coming into our lives. I thank you for being the sister she never had, for all your love, your smiles, your laughs, your messages just to say “hi Mom” for bringing Chris and Olivia into our lives, for your mom and Larry, and for all the other blessings you gave us! I love you more than it was ever possible to tell you and show you! Fly high, my beautiful Angel, and keep visiting me every day!

9. Alma Ryan says:

Chris, Olivia, Tracey, Larry and families. I don’t really know what I can say that hasn’t already been said between us. My heart breaks for you all. I wish I had words if comfort and peace. Saying “I’m sorry” just doesn’t seem to be enough. So I will say “THANK YOU” for sharing your wife, your daughter, your mommy with me! I am truly blessed to have had her in my life. She was Sara’s sister and my “daughter from another mother”, for that I’m blessed and honored. Please always remember Sara and I will always be here for you, Chris, for Miss Olivia, for you Tracey and Larry. We pray for peace and comfort for all of you and for the rest of your families. We love you all.

10. cedric edwards says:

love you Tisha.

11. nelda schauer says:

Tracy, I am so sorry for your loss, she will dearly be missed.

12. Jamie Rosenthal says:

So sorry Chris, I’m praying for you and Olivia every day.
    I can’t even think of how you feel, I hope you can overcome all this sadness to help Olivia remember what a great person her mom was!!

13. Lonny Aughe says:

My deepest condolences to the family. She was a dear friend of mine. RIP my dear sweet friend. You will be missed by many.

14. Cyndi Jones says:

Prayers upon prayers for the whole family.My heartfelt love and appreciation for being part of Tisha’s and all your lives.We are so blessed our awesome GOD introduced our precious angel to us and we have so many beautiful memories.I love the beauty and spirit of Tisha’s heart always know she lives on as the best peace of my heart.I’m feeling the pain as I know our LORD JESUS makes no mistakes so she is in a better place we will see her again.Princess Olivia will forever give us sweet glimpses of her dear mommy and be with her every step of her ways and days.Keep the faith and believe in due time we will have understanding and forgiveness for all that has come I’ll continue lifting you all up in faith and love.Praying for us all my husband and I sending sincere love and hugs to you all blessings and peace upon you all we’re here for you all . Jones Family Darryl and Cyndi

15. Debbie Lickteig says:

I am praying for all the family at this time of grief and mourning! May God’s arms of comfort surround everyone that knew and loved Tisha!

16. Aunt Betsy (Catherine Allen) says:

Tisha, you are an Angel; truly a blessing from God. You have touched so many hearts and lives each and everyday of your precious life. I know that you were filled with God’s pure & gracious love. Even on a bad day you glowed with His love. Your faith in Him was strong and willfull and God knew how you loved and trusted in Him. There are not many Angels here on this rugged earth, yet He blessed us with you! We may never understand why He called you home at such a young age, but we will fill Olivia with your love and memories always. She will know how amazingly loving and faithful you were. I love and miss you Tisha.. I know you are watching over us all and enjoying laughs with Grandma Marlene. I Love you Always & Forever, Aunt Betsy

17. John Saiser says:

So sorry for your loss. You all have my deepest sympathy.

18. Laura Biehl says:

Chris: My thoughts and prayers are with you and Olivia and the family.

19. Nekeisha Gadwood says:

Prayers for the whole family. Tisha was like a big sister to me. I enjoyed getting to know her and spend time with her. I love you Tisha!

20. Grayson Spomer says:

Will miss you Tisha. You are in Heaven now. Chris I know it Helps knowing Tisha was a believer in Jesus.

21. shelly Bruning says:

I am sorry for your loss prayers to the whole family and she will be missed

22. Amy Chandler LPS says:

Larry to you and your family so sorry to read about your daughter thoughts and prayers to all of you

23. Tasha Hevelone & Nadine says:

So sorry to hear about Tisha…know you are in our thoughts and prayers.

Nadine & Tasha

24. Diana Jackson says:

Larry I’m so sorry to hear about Tisha, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I know Tisha meant the world to you.

25. Lou Ann Colborn says:

Tracy, I was very saddened to hear about Tisha. I know it has been years since we have spoken but Chon and I spoke of you often when we reminiscent about the days at Willow Wood. Remembering “our little girls” playing and swimming. Tisha grew up to be a beautiful woman and then to be a wife and mother touched my heart. So happy for her that God gave her both. Tisha was blessed to have family that shared her life. Tisha was blessed to have you as her Mother. My heart is heavy knowing she is gone physically from your life. Yet, Tisha gave you a granddaughter to love even more. You and Tisha’s family are in my prayers and thoughts. Tisha has wings and is in God’s arms.

26. Shelia Loadholt says:

You are all in our thoughts and prayers. May God give you strength through this time of sorrow.

27. Amelia Scott says:

Thank you for sharing Tisha with our family. Thank God for the blessed memories we all have of her. I will never forget her smile. I know God will continue to keep the family in the palm of HIS hands.

28. Amber Rutt says:

Tisha I will miss your face. Your “sass” is something that I loved most about you. You lit up a room and I instantly knew when I met you that you were a sweet soul. We will miss you very much. Rest in peace my friend.

29. Sheri Ramirez & Amber McCoy says:

Tisha was such a joy to everyone in her life… she was such an inspiration. May her family find peace in knowing she lived a life of happiness and gave so much to so many…