McVey, Bruce 1Bruce E. McVey age 57 of Lincoln passed away October 15, 2017.  He was born June 28, 1960 in Omaha to Phillip and Marian (Crossen) McVey.

Survivors include his son Ian McVey and daughter Lana McVey both of Lincoln.  Grandson, DeVaughn Phillip Harris.  Granddaughter, MaLeah Kei’Mya McVey.  Sisters and brothers-in-law, Martha and Darrell Weiss of Alpharetta, Georgia, Carol and Tom Fricke of Grand Rapids, Michigan.  Nephews, Derrick Weiss and Mitchell Weiss.  He was preceded in death by his parents.

Memorial service will be held at 10:00 A.M. on Friday, October 20, 2017 at Wyuka Funeral Home.

Inurnment will be at Wyuka Cemetery.

Memorials to the family for a later designation.

7 Responses to Bruce E. McVey

1. Clarence George says:

Carol and family,
    My deepest sympathy for your loss.

Clarence George
    Rancho Mirage, Ca.

• Carol McVey Fricke says:

Clarence so kind of you to remember my brother and my family. I think of you often and hope you are well.

2. Dave & Becki Barnes says:

We are so sorry for your loss and are sending prayers your way. I (Dave) worked with Bruce at Time Warner several years ago. I enjoyed working with him. He took a picture of my 1979 MG Midget when I first bought it as it was similar to a car he owned at one time. I still treasure this photo and have it hanging above my dresser. I think of him fondly.

3. Julie Southwick says:

I had the pleasure of working with Bruce at the cable Company and also went on the Cancun trip with him in the 90’s! He got so sunburned he was like a lobster! Felt so bad for him! Sending prayers to the family.

Julie Southwick

4. Bob Mattison says:

Sorry for your loss. We worked in the same department and enjoyed his personality, we always shared a laugh. Will visit his burial site often his vault is right next to my brothers. Miss ya man!

5. Carol McVey Fricke says:

My brother Bruce did not have an easy life. Now I hope he is enjoying his life after, free of disease and physical limitations and reunited with our parents at last. Thank you all of your thoughts and prayers.

6. Raedean Petty says:

So sorry to hear this. Knew Bruce from way back in the 80’s and worked with Ian for a short time. May God bless you Bruce.