Thomas M. Hansen, 70, of Lincoln. July 26, 1948 – December 16, 2018. Parents: Charles and Ruth Hansen.

Founder of Rolling Fire Catering. Retired UNL Information Services. Worked in businesses and non-profits. B.A. UNL. Lincoln High ’66 gymnastics. Talented with food, wood-working, photography, home projects.

Married to Twyla (Paulsen) Hansen for 51 years. Survivors: wife; son and daughter-in-law Steve and Joei Hansen; granddaughters Kathleen and Maddy Hansen; brothers-in-law: Walt (Audrey) Paulsen, Randall (Joan) Paulsen, Joe (Carla) Paulsen. Nieces, nephews, cousins.

Tom was a loving and generous husband, father, and grandfather. His life ended too soon; we miss him dearly.

Memorial service and reception December 28, 1:00 pm at Wyuka Funeral Home. Casual attire. Inurnment at Wyuka Cemetery. In lieu of flowers, memorials to LUX Center for the Arts Youth Outreach or The Cat House.

16 Responses to Thomas M. Hansen

1. Nancy Storant says:

I am sorry to hear about Tom. He was my Supervisor at the University for many years and he was such a wonderful person. He had such a positive outlook on everything. My prayers are with the family at this very difficult time.

2. James says:

Sincere condolences for the loss of Tom, his generousness, creativity and love. All best as you live through this loss.

3. Bobby Mersed says:

“Another Lincoln High Job Well Done.”

4. Genevieve says:

So sorry for your loss. Gone too soon indeed. Wishing all Tom’s friends, family and loved ones comfort and peace.

5. Susie ❤️ says:

Twyla, I’m sending you my condolences and love. I’m so sorry you lost your husband and best friend so soon. I pray for peace and tranquility in your life, but I know you are very sad and grieving. My thoughts are with you.

6. Mary Schuett says:

Twyla and family, my thoughts, prayers, and love are with you and your family. I have many wonderful memories of you and Tom “back in the day” !!

7. Gina and Joe Lococo says:

We cherished the times we got to spend getting to know Tom. All those Tuesday nights and other events. That picture truly says it all. Thinking of you, Twyla and

8. Gina and Joe Lococo says:

We cherished the times we got to spend getting to know Tom. All those Tuesday nights and other events. That picture truly says it all. Thinking of you, Twyla, and the whole crew. Joe and Gina Lococo.

9. Linda R Brown says:

Oh Twyla, my thoughts are with you as I read about Tom’s death.

10. Gordon Scholz says:

Tom was a wonderful friend. I always enjoyed our occasional encounters at UNL — and a few times at other places when he was with you, Twyla. He always had a smile and kind words. You have my sincere condolences.

11. Fred Minster says:

Every time I met him he was always ready to share his grace. A kind and gentle man. Condolences to his entire family. Fred Minster

12. Gerry Cox says:

May your family and friends sustain you as they have.

With sympathy,

13. Lyle Farrens says:

Sorry to hear about Tom always a friendly person our prayers are with you

14. Skip says:

Sorry to hear about Tom always knew who everybody was our prayers are with you allh

15. Brian and Linda Striman says:

We were sorry to read of Tom’s death. We did not know him personally but we always enjoyed stopping for pizza at the Old Cheney Farmers’ Market. We will make a donation in his memory to the Lux Center for the Arts Youth Outreach. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

16. Tom Rauner says:

Twyla and family members, I sorry for your loss. Tom was always a kind considerate individual and you are such a warm welcoming family. I always looked forward to bumping into you guys as you are always a joy to be around. See you on the bike trail, book store,coffee shop…